For our International Development Unit of Ecorys in the Netherlands, we are looking for a:
Senior Public Finance Management Consultant
Ecorys is one of the leading international consulting companies in the field of Public Finance Management (PFM). The underlying motive for much of Ecorys’ work in this area is: what can we do to make the life of people better, be it through our contribution to poverty reduction, to more sustainable public finances, to better delivery of government services and/or to more accountable and transparent governments.
We have vast experience in advising and supporting governments worldwide in implementation of PFM reforms, including to strengthen their formulation, implementation and budget execution systems. This work often focuses on governmental structures at both central and local level. Our expertise is placed at the cutting edge of PFM policy and practice, taking into account the political economy of PFM. We are proud to have among our clients the European Commission, International Monetary Fund, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank and other international organisations, development partners and governments.
Our PFM & Accountability team comprises more than fifteen consultants. On a regular basis our staff conduct challenging studies, provide high level and operational policy advice and support capacity development activities in the following areas: Macroeconomics and Public Finance Management, Governance, Transparency and Accountability, Development Cooperation Policy and Aid Management, Monitoring and Evaluation. Our work is projects based. It is our philosophy that excellence in business development draws on competences acquired in practice through project implementation. Our staff are involved in both project implementation and project acquisition.
As a senior consultant you will be responsible for the acquisition and implementation of international projects in the field of Public Finance Management and Aid Management. Your main responsibility will be to advance our business potential in these areas with particular emphasis on the Francophone African market. You will be responsible for exploring and acquiring new business opportunities, maintain relations with clients, external partners and experts, and provide guidance to junior staff members.
You will have an opportunity to work on a range of projects from long-term research to short-term consultancy and training in an international environment. You will apply state of the art analytical methods and transfer knowledge using different modern approaches.
The exact portfolio of tasks and responsibilities of the senior consultant will depend on his/her specific experience and skills. The position requires regular travel abroad.
- Relevant (post)-graduate qualification in macroeconomics, public sector finance or accounting from a recognised university or national accounting institute;
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in PFM related areas and aid management in the context of development cooperation;
- Proven knowledge of different PFM systems covering all its dimensions, preferably with a focus on ‘down stream’ PFM: accounting, treasury management, internal control and audit, Integrated Financial Management Information Systems;
- Experience with providing technical advice to and able to win confidence / trust of senior government officials, development partners, and stakeholders in PFM related institutions;
- Hands-on experience in developing countries - experience in Francophone Africa would be an advantage;
- Experience as civil servant in a Ministry of Finance, or other PFM related institutions such as Treasury, Revenue Authority, Supreme Audit Institution etc. would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of current PFM debates and development cooperation policies of major international organisations and bilateral donors.
- A performance oriented attitude with excellent analytical, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong business development, commercial and negotiations skills;
- A team player with keen interest to share knowledge with colleagues and support junior staff;
- Proven skills in designing and providing inspirational learning activities including PFM training courses and workshops;
- Client-driven attitude and ability to maintain pleasant and effective working relationship with clients;
- Excellent communications skills including professional verbal and written skills in English – French would be a strong advantage.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about the position, you can contact per e-mail: Albert de Groot, IDU Director, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV, using our online application form. Deadline for applications is the 28th of February 2018.
ECORYS Nederland BV T +31 (10) 453 88 00
HRM department F +31 (10) 212 25 48
P.O. Box 4175 E email@example.com
3006 AD Rotterdam W www.ecorys.nl
Sound analysis, inspiring ideas