In the Netherlands we are looking for a: Senior Consultant Environmental Economics
Your workplace environment
As Senior Consultant Environmental Economics you will be working on a broad range of national and international projects with emphasis on environment. You will join the Natural Resources team that is working on national, EU and international projects in the areas of environment, climate, energy and water. Our activities consist of economic and policy studies (feasibility studies, cost-benefit analyses, evaluations), consultancy, and project and program management. Our clients are mainly regional and national governments in the Netherlands, the European Union and International Financial Institutions funding projects in developing countries. We also work for private organizations and financial institutions.
What will you do?
As senior consultant you will be working on a broad range of international (EU and other donors) assignments throughout the company with emphasis on environmental economics. While not required, you could also be working on the Dutch market. You will be responsible for exploiting your network and developing new markets and client relations. Together with a team you will be involved in writing project proposals, executing research and consulting assignments, managing and implementing projects and giving trainings. The position will be based in Rotterdam, but working from our Amsterdam and Brussels offices is also possible.
What will you bring?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial consultant with the following qualifications:
- Strong economic background, i.e. MSc or PhD degree in Environmental Economics or Finance, proven experience in carrying studies on environmental and/or water economics (e.g. feasibility studies, including cost benefit analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, business cases), complemented by at least 10 years relevant working experience;
- Background as a policy maker or researcher with proven consultancy experience, comfortable to work in a commercial environment;
- Relevant network at European Commission level institutions (especially DG’s Environment, Clima and/or Agri) and some managing authorities for EU Funds and other international donors;
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of EU environmental, regional, rural and urban policies;
- Highly motivated with strong communication-, marketing-, and business development skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and preferably also Dutch. Good language skills in any other major European language would be an asset;
- Ability to work in the Netherlands and EU and willingness to travel frequently.
For more information about the position you can mail your questions to Robert Haffner, Sector Leader Natural Resources
To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV, using our online application form.