For the Sector Natural Resources of Ecorys in the Netherlands we are looking for a
(Junior) Consultant Energy, Environment & Climate Change
Your workplace environment
You will join the Natural Resources team that is working on national, EU and international projects in the areas of energy, environment and climate change. Our activities consist of economic and policy studies (e.g. feasibility studies, cost-benefit analyses, evaluations), consultancy, and project and program management. Our clients include regional and national governments in the Netherlands, the European Union and International Financial Institutions funding projects in developing countries. We also work for private organizations, NGO’s and financial institutions.
Examples of questions dealt with by the sector are:
- What has been the impact of EU actions supporting the development of renewable energy technologies?
- What is the value of clean water?
- What are the social costs and benefits of investments to minimise flood risks?
- What changes in the design of electricity markets are necessary to ensure security of supply?
- What could be the role of advanced biofuels in the future energy system?
- What is the business case of investing in district heating?
- What kind of regulation is needed to safeguard public interests in hydrogen transport?
- How can we make the energy transition affordable? How can we enhance competitiveness?
What will you be doing?
The (Junior) Consultant will focus on the implementation of research and consultancy projects as well as to winning new work. Your job includes:
- Undertaking research and consultancy tasks in order to support the delivery of high quality research and consultancy products of the sector;
- Providing high quality written contributions to reports and other research and consultancy outputs;
- Analysis of economic models and business cases, Excel-based economic modelling, use of quantitative software packages such as Stata and R;
- Providing dedicated support to Project Managers in large projects;
- Providing clear and focused contributions to proposals;
- Building strong working relationships within Ecorys and partner organizations to enhance and strengthen opportunities for the acquisition and delivery of work;
- Undertaking targeted business development to create new opportunities to help clients;
- Identifying and responding to opportunities from international, national, regional and local clients and liaise with parts of the company to achieve a coordinated response.
What will you bring?
- You are passionate about energy, environment and climate change issues, are well informed and broadly interested. You are aware of recent policy developments and debates.
- You are able and willing to tackle a host of societal problems in the field and are able to arrive at well founded advice to clients;
- You have an MSc in economics or other relevant field (e.g. exact science).
- You have limited experience (junior consultant) or already a number of years of experience in the field (consultant) as demonstrated by your CV
- Good quantitative skills;
- Highly motivated with excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Fluency in Dutch and English. Good language skills in any other major European language will be an asset.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment
Should you need further information please mail your question to Robert Haffner, Robert.email@example.com, sector leader of the sector Natural Resources.
To apply please send us before the 10th of March your resume and motivation letter, using our online application form.
ECORYS Nederland BV
Department HRM T 010 453 85 67
P.O. Box 4175
3006 AD Rotterdam
Sound analysis, inspiring ideas