For the Sector Natural Resources of Ecorys in The Netherlands we are looking for an
What will you be doing?
We at Ecorys are looking for an intern who could support us in the implementation of a large project related to regulation in the energy sector, preferably in the period mid March to June 2018. Your main tasks would be to contact a great number of stakeholders in many EU countries, manage the communication and schedule interviews. Depending on your background and interest, there is also the possibility to work on other tasks in relation to the projects, or other projects within the Natural Resources sector.
To apply, you should be studying at a university or a Hogeschool (Higher vocational education), be fluent in spoken and written English, and enthusiastic about communicating and working with people from different countries. An affiliation or interest in the topic of energy regulation is considered helpful, but not required. A working knowledge in one or more other European languages would be an asset. If you would like to experience working in an international team and, at the same time, learn about regulation in the energy sector, please let us know!
Your workplace environment
You will join the Natural Resources team that is working on national, EU and international projects in the areas of energy, environment and climate change. Our activities consist of economic and policy studies (e.g. feasibility studies, cost-benefit analyses, evaluations), consultancy, and project and program management. Our clients include regional and national governments in the Netherlands, the European Union and International Financial Institutions funding projects in developing countries. We also work for private organizations, NGO’s and financial institutions.
Examples of questions dealt with by the sector are:
• What has been the impact of EU actions supporting the development of renewable energy technologies?
• What is the value of clean water?
• What are the social costs and benefits of investments to minimise flood risks?
• What changes in the design of electricity markets are necessary to ensure security of supply?
• What could be the role of advanced biofuels in the future energy system?
• What is the business case of investing in district heating?
• What kind of regulation is needed to safeguard public interests in hydrogen transport?
• How can we make the energy transition affordable? How can we enhance competitiveness?
The allowance for interns at Ecorys is € 375,00 gross per month.
Should you need further information please mail your question to:
Sector leader of the sector Natural Resources
To apply please send us before the 10th of March your resume and motivation letter, using our online application form.